These Blackstone Griddle Chicken Fajitas are a family favorite that is easy to make and full of flavor. With just a few simple ingredients you'll be having dinner in no time at all!
Why this works
- Quick and easy - with just a few pantry items you will be on your way to dinner in no time just like with my Blackstone Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry.
- Everyone love it - this one is a real crowd pleaser, and you will run out of it quickly so be sure to make a lot!
- Meal prep heaven - this is great leftover and is perfect for meal prep like this salmon recipe. You can make these into wraps or bowls - your choice!
Ingredients you will need
Here is a quick snapshot of the ingredients you'll need for this recipe. Scroll to the recipe card where you will find the exact measurements.
- Marinade - you can use your own marinade but I really suggest you head over to check out my fajita marinade recipe it makes these extra special.
- Chicken - you can use chicken breasts or thighs for this recipe.
- Onions and peppers - make sure you make enough. I used Vidalia onions for this recipe.
How to make this
Step 1: Marinate the chicken
Prepare the marinade and then combine in a bowl with chicken strips. Marinate 4- to 24-hours or however long your recipe suggests.
Step 2: Cooking the vegetables and meat
Preheat the griddle to medium-high heat. My griddle temperature ranged from 375- to 400-degrees.
Add a small amount of oil to the griddle top, and smooth around. Add the sliced green peppers and onions. Cook stirring frequently until the vegetables are slightly charred, and cooked to your likeness.
Add the marinated chicken to the griddle top. Cook stirring frequently until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. This means the chicken will have cooked to an internal temperature of 165-degrees.
Be sure to marinate the meat for the minimum amount of time recommended by your recipe. The vegetables and meat can be cooked at the same time but separately on the griddle top then stirred together at the end to make for easy serving.
Be sure not to overcook the meat or it will be tough. Remove from griddle as soon as it is done.
White, Vidalia, or red onions are best.
Absolutely, follow the instructions but cook over medium heat in a heavy pan on the stove top until done.
Cut the meat across the grain, and marinate in an acid.
Top these Blackstone Griddle Chicken Fajitas with sour cream, fresh limes, cilantro, diced tomatoes, cheese, pico de gallo, or salsa verde. Serve with Spanish rice, guacamole, or refried beans.
Storage & Reheating
Store up to one week in an airtight container. Reheat in microwave. Can be frozen up to three months, and thawed in refrigerator prior to eating.
More dinner recipes
Did you try this recipe? Why not leave a star rating and/or review in the comment section below. I always love hearing your feedback. Be sure to sign up for our email list, or follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram!
Blackstone Chicken Fajitas
- 1 recipe Fajita Marinade
- 2 pounds chicken breasts can use chicken thighs
- 3 bell peppers sliced
- 3 onions sliced
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- Prepare your marinade. Cut the chicken into strips then marinate for 4- to 24-hours.
- Cut the onions and bell peppers into slices.
- Preheat the Blackstone griddle to medium-high heat. This will be about 375- to 400-degrees.
- Add a small amount of oil to the griddle top and smooth around. Add the vegetables, and cook until slightly softened. Remove from griddle.
- Add the chicken to the griddle. Cook until done or chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165-degrees. You can add the vegetables back and stir to combine if desired.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container or storage bag for up to one week. Can be frozen for up to three months, and thaw in refrigerator until thawed.