Blackstone Griddle Potatoes are an easy side dish done in under 30-minutes on the griddle. Crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside these are well-seasoned potatoes that go with breakfast or dinner!
Why this works
- Super quick - these Blackstone Griddle Potatoes are easy to toss together and cook in a jiffy! It's as quick as making some Bacon Brussel Sprouts on the griddle.
- Delicious - they are pretty yummy and are perfect to serve with some brats or mojo pork! Or if you would like to make a meal out of it check out my smoked sausage and potatoes meal.
Ingredients you will need
Here is a quick snapshot of the ingredients you'll need for this recipe. Scroll to the recipe card where you will find the exact measurements.
- Red potatoes - choose small or baby red potatoes. You can also use another waxy variety of potatoes such as Yukon golds.
- Onion - is optional this is great with or without it.
How to make this
Step 1: Prep the red potatoes
Cube the red potatoes into large chunks. If using baby potatoes just cut those in half. Toss the potatoes, seasonings, and olive oil in a large bowl.
Step 2: Cooking the potatoes
Preheat the griddle to medium heat or about 400 degrees. The potatoes have plenty of oil so there is no reason to add more to the griddle top.
Add the potatoes and diced onion to the griddle top. Cover with a dome. Turn the potatoes about every 5-minutes or until crispy and fork-tender.
To prep ahead cut the potatoes but leave them in salted water until ready to use to prevent them from turning black. Be sure to drain and pat dry prior to tossing with oil and seasonings.
To make this on the stovetop cook in a large fry pan over medium heat for about 20-minutes until crispy and fork-tender. You can also finish them with some homemade garlic butter.
No there is no need to boil them.
You can soak them overnight, and then pat them dry prior to frying. This will remove excess potato starch which will promote crispiness and keep them from sticking together.
More side dish recipes
Did you try this recipe? Why not leave a star rating and/or review in the comment section below. I always love hearing your feedback. Be sure to sign up for our email list, or follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram!
Blackstone Griddle Potatoes
- 2 ½ pounds small red potatoes cut into chunks, can use baby potatoes
- 1 onion diced
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning or seasoned salt
- Cut potatoes into large chunks. If using baby potatoes cut in half.
- In a large bowl toss together the potatoes, seasonings, and olive oil.
- Preheat the griddle to about 400-degrees or medium heat.
- Add the prepared potatoes to the grill. Cook under a dome flipping the potatoes about every 5-minutes until crispy and fork tender. This will take about 15-minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to three days. Reheat in microwave.