Griddle Smoked sausage and potatoes is an easy weeknight meal that you can make on your Blackstone griddle. Smoked sausage, potatoes, and onions are combined together with some of your favorite seasonings for a quick dinner.
Why this works
- One-griddle meal - all you need for this griddle smoked sausage and potatoes for an entire meal is here. I love one-pot meals or sheet pan meals like this one and my Lumberjack breakfast casserole.
- Few ingredients - even though there are just a couple of ingredients in this recipe it's big on flavor and delivers a hearty meal everyone will love like my Philly cheesesteak sandwiches.
- Comfort food - this dish is just old-fashioned food that sticks to your ribs like Grandpa used to make when it was his night to cook like his Brunswick stew.
Ingredients you will need
Here is a quick snapshot of the ingredients you'll need for this recipe. Scroll to the recipe card where you will find the exact measurements.
- Smoked sausage - use a smoked sausage that is basically already cooked for this. Fresh sausage is not ideal for this recipe as the time it takes to cook would likely end up with it being dried out and burned up.
- Potatoes - use a waxy variety and cut into roughly the same size cubes. If using baby potatoes cut those in half.
- Olive oil - while I used olive oil to coat the potatoes you can also use any other oil you usually use to cook with.
How to make this
Step 1: Season the potatoes
Cut your potatoes into large roughly one-inch cubes. Combine the potatoes, garlic powder, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, Creole seasoning, and olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Toss to completely coat the potatoes.
Step 2: Cooking the potatoes and sausage
Slice the sausage and dice your onions. Preheat the griddle to medium heat or about 400 degrees. Spread only the potatoes on the grill, and cover with a dome. Make sure to turn the potatoes every few minutes so they don't burn. Cook about 15-minutes or until fork tender.
Once the potatoes are done move them to one side of the griddle. Turn down the burner over the potatoes to the lowest setting just to keep them warm.
Add the sausage and onions to the Blackstone griddle. Cook until the sausage is heated through and browned. Once the sausage is done combine with the cooked potatoes. Remove to a serving plate.
For an even cook be sure to cut your sausage and vegetables about the same size for each food. You can totally double this recipe with no issues. You can use chicken or turkey sausage for a more healthy alternative.
You can also use leftover cooked sausage from another meal for these Griddle Smoked Sausage and Potatoes. If you opt for fresh sausage I suggest pre-cooking it on the grill or stove prior to using it for this sausage recipe.
To make this on the stovetop cook in a large fry pan over medium heat add in the onions and sausage then cook until browned. Remove from the pan, and add the potatoes to cook for about 20-minutes until crispy and fork tender. Once done toss everything together and serve.
Smoked sausage is rich in vitamin D, vitamin B6, niacin, and thiamin.
Smoked sausage is high in fat and low in carbs which makes them a good fit for a low-carb diet.
Griddle Smoked Sausage and Potatoes is a complete meal but you can pair it with a nice green salad, an extra vegetable side, some bread, or some dessert like ice cream.
Storage & Reheating
Store up to one week in an airtight container. Reheat in microwave. Can be frozen for up to three months, and thawed in the refrigerator prior to eating.
More Blackstone griddle recipes
Did you try this recipe? Why not leave a star rating and/or review in the comment section below. I always love hearing your feedback. Be sure to sign up for our email list, or follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram!
Griddle Smoked Sausage and Potatoes
- 1 pound smoked sausage
- 1 onion diced
- 2 ½ pounds small red potatoes cut into chunks, can use baby potatoes
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning or seasoned salt
- Slice sausage into bite-size pieces, and dice onions.
- Cut potatoes into large chunks. If using baby potatoes cut in half.
- In a large bowl toss together the potatoes, seasonings, and olive oil.
- Preheat the griddle to about 400-degrees or medium heat.
- Add the prepared potatoes to the grill. Cook under a dome flipping the potatoes about every 5-minutes until crispy and fork tender. This will take about 15-minutes.
- Once the potatoes are done move them to one side of the griddle and turn the heat as low as it will go to keep them warm.
- Add the onions and sausage to the other side of the griddle. Cook tossing often until the sausage is cooked and the onions are translucent. Since the sausage is basically pre-cooked it will not take long to cook.
- Once the sausage is done cooking toss the potatoes with them, and remeove to serving platter.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to three days. Reheat in microwave.
Don't forget to join our Facebook group - Blackstone Griddle Love or our BBQ group!
Leave a Reply