This Easy Griddle Tortilla Pizza is easy to make and will get dinner on the table in under 30-minutes! The possibilities are only limited by your imagination or pantry. Everyone can channel their inner creative to craft their ideal pizza!
Why this works
- Lightning fast - with a few leftovers from the fridge and some pantry items you can have th Easy Griddle Tortilla Pizza on the table super quick like my Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches.
- Versatile - no need to limit yourself or your creativity! Just like with Spam Fried Rice you can mix and match what ever toppings and sauces you enjoy.
- Surprisingly delicious - these are amazing and very filling! They have a lot of flavor and the toppings really pop in every bite.
Ingredients you will need
Here is a quick snapshot of the ingredients you'll need for this recipe. Scroll to the recipe card where you will find the exact measurements.
- Tortillas - I recommend using the large burrito style tortillas but you can definitely go smaller if you want for yourself or the littles. Other flatbreads can be used to like Naan bread for those looking for a little thicker crust.
- Pizza sauce - use a traditional tomato-based sauce or experiment with Alfredo or BBQ sauce.
- Meat - again here take your creativity to the next level. Italian sausage, leftover pulled pork, pepperoni, or even shaved steak. Take your pick!
- Vegetables - include what you like but just be sure to cook them a little before hand as it doesn't take long to prepare the pizza's...unless you like them a little more al dente.
- Cheese - life isn't complete without these homemade marinated mozzarella balls gracing your homemade slice of pie! If you don't have time you can buy them premade or use some cheese of your choosing!
How to make this
Preheat the griddle to medium heat or about 350-degrees. Add the meats and vegetables you need to cook to the grill. Cook until the meat is done and the vegetables have softened.
Turn off all of the burners down to low. Turn the existing burner to low. Add the tortilla or other flatbread to the griddle top. Spread sauce on top then add cheese and topping. Cover with your dome and once the cheese is melted and the flatbread is toasted remove the tortilla pizza from the griddle.
Remember when cooking the griddle tortilla pizza to keep the heat low or you risk burning your crust. A pizza peel definitely helps to remove the pizza from the grill especially if they have a lot of toppings on them.
Flatbreads are unleavened and don't rise. Pizza dough does have yeast and is allowed to rise some prior to using.
You will probably enjoy some smoked chicken wings or jalapeno poppers with your Easy Griddle Tortilla Pizza. A salad also goes well with this but they are pretty filling on their own.
Storage & Reheating
Store up to one week in an airtight container. Reheat in microwave. The tortilla pizza be frozen up to three months, and thawed in refrigerator prior to eating.
More Blackstone Griddle recipes
Did you try this recipe? Why not leave a star rating and/or review in the comment section below. I always love hearing your feedback. Be sure to sign up for our email list, or follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram!
Easy Griddle Tortilla Pizza
- 4 tortillas burrito size
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 package pepperoni
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- Preheat the Blackstone Griddle to medium heat or about 350-degrees.
- Add the Italian sausage and vegetables to the griddle. Cook until the meat is no longer pink, and the vegetables have softened. Remove to plate.
- Turn all the burners to low. Add the tortillas then top with pizza sauce, cheese, meat, and vegetables.
- Cook until crispy and the cheese has melted. Use your dome to speed the process.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to one week. Can be frozen up to three months then thawed in the refrigerator.