Having a simple grilled chicken marinade in your back pocket is essential for those nights where you don't really want to think about dinner. This is like a delicious steakhouse marinade for your chicken! The results are juicy and full of flavor.
Why this works
- Staple recipe - it's always good to have a few marinade recipes in your personal cookbook so you have something handy on short notice. Be sure to make some marinated mozzarella balls for a quick appetizer with this!
- Pantry ingredients - since all of the ingredients in this marinade can be stocked on the regular in the kitchen you can always make this when you need it. My fajita marinade or mojo marinade is also a great one to try!
- Feed a crowd - feed a crowd with just a short minimum 4-hour marinade time. Make some pig shots while you wait for the chicken to marinate!
Ingredients you will need
Here is a quick snapshot of the ingredients you'll need for this recipe. Scroll to the recipe card where you will find the exact measurements.
- Chicken - I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. However, you can use any part of the chicken with this marinade.
- Everglades seasoning - is an all-purpose seasoning we love to use. You can use your favorite all-purpose seasoning for this recipe as well.
How to make this
Step 1: Marinate the chicken
In a large measuring cup or small bowl combine thoroughly the Balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, Everglades or general purpose seasoning, ground mustard, dried oregano, and hot red pepper flakes.
Place chicken in a storage bag or airtight container. Pour marinade over to coat the chicken. Marinate for at least 2 hours but no more than 24 hours. Be sure to flip the bag or chicken halfway through the marinade time prior to cooking.
Step 2: Cooking the chicken
Preheat your grill to 375- to 400-degrees. Cook on indirect heat for 90-minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165-degrees. Be sure to flip and rotate your chicken halfway through the cooking time.
You can use any part of the chicken to marinate, thighs are also very good with this marinade. This simple marinade for chicken has lots of flavor for easy meal prep. For best results, marinate at least four hours.. Marinade ingredients can be made up to one day ahead for this simple grilled chicken marinade.
Grill your chicken with the lid closed so the heat penetrates the poultry and cooks it through.
A lean cut of poultry or meat may dry out during grilling. A brine or marinade will help eliminate this prior to cooking.
Some chickens have a condition called "woody breast" which is caused by hardened muscle fibers. This is caused from breeding chickens to have super large breast meat. Buy smaller chicken breasts to avoid this.
Serve this simple grilled chicken with some bacon Brussel sprouts or a cool tomato cucumber salad. This makes a great meal prep with some jasmine or brown rice along with fresh steamed vegetables.
Storage & Reheating
Store in an airtight container or storage bag for up to one week. Cooked grilled chicken can be frozen for up to four months.
Warm leftover chicken in microwave. Thaw frozen chicken in refrigerator then reheat in microwave.
More dinner recipes
Did you try this recipe? Why not leave a star rating and/or review in the comment section below. I always love hearing your feedback. Be sure to sign up for our email list, or follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram!
Simple Grilled Chicken Marinade
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts can use any part of the chicken
- ¼ Balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons Everglades seasoning or any all purpose seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- ¼ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- In a large measuring cup, or small bowl combine all the ingredients except the chicken. Whisk or stir with a fork to combine.
- Place chicken in an airtight container or plastic storage bag. Add the marinade. Marinate for 2-hours to overnight. For best results, marinate at least 4-hours.
- To cook the chicken preheat your grill to 375- to 400-degrees. Cook chicken on indirect heat for about 90-minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165-degrees. Flip the chicken and rotate every 30-mintues.
- Let chicken rest a few minutes prior to serving.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to one week. Chicken can be frozen up to four months then thawed in the refrigerator.
Don't forget to join our Facebook group - Blackstone Griddle Love or our BBQ group!
Leave a Reply